Has it been 25 years already? Buell Motorcycles is getting ready to celebrate their first quarter century of building “World Class American” sportbikes. Erik Buell had a dream of putting something together just a little different and he’s done a helluva job of doing just that. Starting out as essentially a handbuilt motorcycle with its share of teething pains they’ve come a long way. Buells have always been a fun ride but some riders on other brands couldn’t bring themselves to say more than “fast, … for a Harley,” but now with the new 1125R, no qualifications are necessary, they’re fast, period, and numerous podium finishes in this year’s early racing schedule are indications of bigger things to come.
They have a celebration planned from July 2nd through the 6th so if you’re thinking about buying a Buell or especially if you already ride one, you should mark your calendar and get up to Wisconsin.
BUELL GEARS UP TO CELEBRATE 25 YEARS OF MOTORCYCLES
With a quarter of a century in the rearview mirror, Buell will celebrate its 25th Anniversary July 2-6, 2008 in Southeastern Wisconsin. Highlights of the event include:
* Seminars, and Q&A with Erik Buell and the Engineers
* Factory Tours and Vintage Bike Display
* Autographs with Erik
* Tech Seminars
* Organized Adventure Rides
* A 25th Anniversary Track Day
* Admission to the Summerfest music festival grounds on July 4
* CCS/ASRA Racing at Road America (Elkhart Lake), with free Buell Demos on the street and Motorplex Mini Track
* Autographs with Buell Racers at Road America
* Erik Buell and The Thunderbolts playing at the Victorian Village – Tiki Bar (Elkhart Lake) on July 5
Buell Owners are encouraged to visit www.buell.com to register, review the full schedule of events and find information regarding discounted rates at the host hotel in Brookfield, Wis.