TomTom just released their TomTom Rider 2nd Edition the new version of their very popular TomTom Rider. Price is $699.95. Designed to work with RAM Mounts, you can attach it to most any motorcycle. Cardo scala-rider® wireless Bluetooth® headset connection means you get the voice instructions inside your helmet . Need a GPS for your car? You can mount the unit in your car, too. If you’re looking for a motorcycle GPS unit, you might want to take a look.
Press release follows:
TomTom Unveils the TomTom RIDER 2ND Edition For Motorcycles
Car Kit Accessory With Separate Mount Now Available
Concord, MA – August 23, 2007 – TomTom, the world’s largest navigation solutions provider, today announces the launch of the new TomTom RIDER 2nd Edition, TomTom’s all-in-one navigation solution designed for bikers by bikers.
Like all TomTom navigation devices, The RIDER 2nd Edition combines portability, a sleek design and an easy-to-use touchscreen interface with TomTom’s award-winning software.
“As the first navigation solution made specifically for motorcycles, TomTom RIDER is designed to deliver the best features to riders of all kinds,” said TomTom Inc president Jocelyn Vigreux. “Whether riders are looking to navigate to a specific location, take a scenic ride or simply find their way home after getting ‘lost’ on the open roads, the new Rider 2nd Edition provides an easy-to-use, high-quality navigation experience.”
The TomTom RIDER features a simple, easy-to-use touchscreen that is conveniently designed so that riders can operate the device even while using gloves. It comes with a built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that provides up to 5 hours of constant driving, or can be wired into a 12v motorcycle battery (with the included power cable) for a constant charge. The RIDER comes preloaded with maps of both the United States and Canada.
New and enhanced features include:
* Sleek design, with newly designed power button
* Rugged RAM mount that fits on virtually all motorcycles, is easy to mount, and can withstand rigorous vibration conditions common to riding
* High-quality Cardo scala-rider® Bluetooth® headset for in-helmet spoken instructions. The new headset fits open and closed helmets, and has exceptional noise cancellation performance to ensure that bikers can hear directions and phone calls with unparalleled clarity.
* Waterproof (IPX-7 standards) to protect device from rain and fuel splashes
* Car kit accessory with separate mount and built-in speaker for car usage*
* Rugged and secure bike dock for single-handed mounting
* Enhanced quality voice instructions
* Easy-to-hear beep instructions as speed increases to replace voice instructions
* Bluetooth for hands-free calling
Pricing and Availability
The new TomTom RIDER is available now for $699.95.
* 3.5” 320 x 240 full TFT color LCD touchscreen (64k colors)
* CPU 380 MHz, 32MB RAM
* High sensitivity GPS chipset
* Waterproof: IPX7
* Maps of US and Canada preloaded on 1GB SD Card
* SD card slot
* Operating Temperature: 14 to 130° F
* Internal lithium-polymer battery (up to 5 hours operation)
* Power source: 12V DC battery, 110V AC charger
* Dimensions: 4.46” x 3.79” x 2.08”
* Weight: 11 ounces