Looking out my window at the falling snow reminded me of this tip I received a few days ago. 2Moto, in Nampa, Idaho wants you to keep riding even when the weather outside is frightful. So they offer the Radix, a kit to convert your dirtbike to a snowbike and the Rogue, a complete 650cc snowbike ready to ride.
The Radix kit is available for a wide variety of applications:
* Honda- CRF 2002-2009 450R - 450X, 250F, 250X
* Yamaha- YZF 2003-2009 450F - WR 450, 250F, WR250
* KTM- 2000-2009 400 - 450 - 505 - 520 - 525 - 530
* Husaberg- 450 - 550 - 650
* Service Honda- (CR 500 motor, 250X chassis)
* Kawasaki- 2006-2009 KXF450R, KLX 450
* Suzuki- RMZ 450 2005-2009
Prices are pretty reasonable considering your riding season extends year round, which is a big deal for those of us in snow country, you warm weather guys need not bother. The Radix kit starts at: $4,249 while the Rogue begins at $12,950. Kinda cool.
We wrote about snow bikes a couple of years ago and P.T Anderson sent us some links back then, too. Thanks again for the tip, P.T.!