Privateer’s Garage is a great idea. The concept is simple, you have a motorcycle and technical know how but no good place to work or you don’t have the right tools for many repairs or upgrades you would like to do yourself. Located in San Diego, California, Privateer’s Garage provides a fully equipped garage with lifts, professional tools, parts and whatever else you need for do-it-yourself repairs. Instead of trying to work outside or in a crowded garage using whatever tools you happen to have, you pull in and go to work in well lit and fully equipped comfort.
* 8 motorcycle stalls (all with bike stands)
* 2 motorcycle lifts
* Tire changer
* Tire balancer
* Drill press
* Compressed Air
* Full set of mechanic’s tools
* Motorcycle specialty tools
* Overnight bike storage for those multi-day projects
* Long-term bike storage
Think of what you could do:
* Oil changes (buy the oil and filter on site, they do disposal)
* Tire changes (buy the tires there and then change them yourself)
* Performance exhaust (swap the exhaust with the bike up on a lift)
* Track set-up (safety wire your bike and get it ready for the track)
Remember TechShop? This is a very similar idea, you can choose from annual memberships, monthly memberships, or hourly rental rates. Hourly rates start at just $20. Grand opening on March 6th.
This is something I would like to see more of. I like it.