Some of you may have noticed by now that Moto Guzzi is bringing the V7 Classic to the US after all. This was another case of a very nice standard bike being introduced in other markets but not in the States. When we wrote about it last year, there were a lot of comments to the effect of, bring it here and you’ll buy it. Well, here’s your chance. Suggested retail is $8490.
It’s interesting that Harley Davidson decided to sell the XR1200 at home after aiming across the pond and Moto Guzzi is going to sell the V7 here, too. Maybe all the commotion and fuss from potential customers had an effect. Now we’ll see what happens in the showrooms. The XR is already selling, I wonder how the V7 will do.
• Tanks and side panels with 70s style Moto Guzzi graphics.
• Twin saddle with 70s style Moto Guzzi name
• Chromed passenger grab handles.
• Chromed rocker boxes
• Spoked wheels
• Chromed heat shields
• Chromed instrumentation
• 70s style instrument graphics
• Colour coded rear mudguard.
• Chromed rear light cluster
• Chromed locking tank filler
• 744 cc 90° V two valve twin
• Weber Marelli electronic fuel injection.
• Single plate clutch
• New high performance exhaust system
• 5-speed gearbox.
• ALS steel tubular twin cradle with removable lower components
• 40 mm front forks
• Pre-load and rebound adjustable twin rear shock absorbers
• Front brakes – 320 mm disc and 4 (opposed) piston calipers.
• Rear brakes – 260 mm disc with floating caliper fitted with 2 parallel pistons
• Spoked wheels
• Metzeler Lasertec 100/90- 18 56H TL front tire.
• Metzeler Lasertec 130/80 -17 65H TL rear tire.
Link: Moto Guzzi