Do you have an old GSX-R 1000 that looks a little tired? Let Bakker Frames put the engine into one of these Bakker Grizzly All-Round frame kits and you’ll have an adventure touring machine that will make short work of most of the factory offerings.
Nico Bakker has put together an impressive kit that’s about 420 pounds ready to ride, including cases! Top speed is 160 mph. You get a Bakker chrome moly frame, Akrapovic exhaust, Marzocchi 50mm fork, Ducati wheels, hand made aluminum tank and fairing and the whole package looks really slick!
Nico Bakker’s design goals were:
1. As light and compact as possible constructed motorcycle, to ensure optimal handling.
2. Sturdy enough to withstand a small crash.
3. Sportive characteristics with accompanying power to handle on / off-road conditions.
4. A wide power and torque curve.
5. Comfortable driving position for two persons.
6. Sufficient possibilities to store luggage for two persons, during long to extreme long trips.
7. All parts used need to be solid, reliable and well available in the market.
8. Safe and supply sufficient protection for both driver and passenger against the elements.
There’s no mention of specific price. If the price isn’t over the top, this is one very nice option for the long range adventure rider. Looks like fun!
More photos below:
Link: Bakker Frames