Suzuki brought out the new 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa and there is more displacement, 1340cc versus the old 1299cc. Like the new B-King, the rider can choose between engine settings, but the Hayabusa rider has a choice of three instead of the B-King’s two, there’s probably something labeled “light speed” on the Hayabusa.
A Hayabusa with more power is certainly no surprise and if you are riding a ZX-14 you may want to check your mirrors, objects may be a lot closer than they appear, … and about to pass. We’ll see.
Full features and specifications from Suzuki press release follow:
- Redesigned instrument cluster now features four analog meters for speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and water temperature with a new S-DMS mode indicator, gear position indicator and adjustable engine rpm indicator.
- New 1340cc, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves, Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers provides 11% higher performance and smoother operation
- New Suzuki SDTV fuel injection system with dual injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox
- New S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences
- New lightweight titanium intake and exhaust valves with narrow 14 degree valve angle for high combustion chamber efficiency
- New lightweight aluminum alloy pistons feature a revised shape and a higher compression ratio of 12.5:1 for maximum performance in all conditions.
- SCEM (Suzuki Composite Electro-chemical Material) plated cylinders minimize cylinder size and improve heat dissipation and new hydraulic cam chain tensioner for reduced mechanical noise
- New ventilation holes at the cylinder skirt for reduced pumping losses and increased performance
- High efficiency curved radiator now features dual electric fans controlled by the ECM for increased cooling capacity. Oil cooler now has 10 rows cores for increased heat dissipation.
- New large volume 4-2-1-2 exhaust system with a large capacity catalyzer, dual triangular canisters and closed loop system that meets Euro 3 and Tier 2 regulations
- New Shot-peened chrome-moly steel connecting rods for maximum durability
- Ion plating treatment utilizing PVD (physical vapor deposit) method is applied to piston rings providing a smoother surface treatment for increased durability, reduced friction loss and reduced oil consumption
- Slick shifting 6 speed transmission working in conjunction with an innovative back torque limiting clutch for smooth and controlled downshifts
- All new aggressive aerodynamic fairing design with low drag coefficient retains it’s signature Hayabusa look and features an updated, muscular look to work with the new more powerful engine and updated chassis
- New fully adjustable inverted front fork featuring DLC coated inner tubes for minimal friction resistance and outstanding suspension performance over a variety of riding conditions.
- Fully adjustable rear shock absorber with a 43mm piston and 14mm rod diameter
- Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength
- New bridged aluminum alloy swingarm features a new cross-sectional shape for increased rigidity and to cope with improved rear tire grip and increased engine output
- New radial-mount front brake calipers for maximum braking performance and allows for smaller 310mm front brake rotors resulting in reduced unsprung weight and improved handling
- Lightweight single piston rear brake caliper working in conjunction with a new larger 260mm rear brake disc
- Newly designed wheels mounted with high performance Bridgestone BT-015 tires for unmatched handling and control
- Passenger seat and rear subframe are lowered for improved passenger comfort
- Fuel tank height is lowered to allow riders helmet to tuck in and windscreen height is increased for improved wind protection and optimum aerodynamic efficiency with the rider in place.
- Newly designed vertically stacked twin headlights provide increased light intensity, improved light distribution and match the elegant flow of the new Hayabusa styling.
- LED taillight utilizes a double lens structure with a clear inner lens and a red outer lens for maximum visibility and a high quality finish
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|
|Engine||1340cc, 4-stroke, four-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, TSCC|
|Bore & Stroke||81.0 x 65.0mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||6-speed, constant mesh|
|Final Drive||#530 chain|
|Overall Length||2195mm (86.6 in.)|
|Overall Width||740mm (29.1 in.)|
|Overall Height||1170mm (46.1 in.)|
|Seat Height||805mm (31.7 in.)|
|Ground Clearance||120mm (4.7 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1485mm (58.5 in.)|
|Dry Weight||220 kg (485 lbs)|
|Suspension Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, fully adjustable spring preload, adjustable rebound damping and adjustable compression damping|
|Suspension Rear||Link-type, gas/oil damped, fully adjustable spring preload, adjustable compression & rebound damping|
|Brakes Rear||Single hydraulic disc|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||21 liter (5.5 gal.) 20.0 liter (5.3 gal.) CA. model|
|Color||Orange/Black, Black/Gray, Blue/Black|