When someone announces a new motorcycle or car, coming soon with great specs and amazing price, you just have to be a bit cautious, so this new 3 wheeler from Elio Motors, may be a huge success, it may never be produced or it may fall somewhere in between.
The quick story:
- 3 wheels
- tandem seats
- 84 mpg highway / 49 mpg city
- 8 gallon tank
- inline, 3 cylinder, 1 liter, 70 HP, fuel-injected, SOHC gas-powered, liquid-cooled, automotive engine.
- 5-speed manual or automatic with reverse
- 3-wheel disc brakes with ABS
- front engine front wheel drive
Three wheels means it's a motorcycle for registration purposes, but the CEO says it will meet automotive crash standards.
They are setting up shop in a former GM plant in Shreveport, Louisiana and will employ 1500 workers and it will be manufactured in the USA with American made parts.
Add it all up and my "I'll believe it when I see it" radar is on high alert, but you never know. A lot of former auto execs are on the board so maybe it will take off when it is introduced in the spring of 2014.
Head on over and see for yourself.
Link: Elio Motors